Creating Accessible InDesign Content
When creating content in InDesign it is important to make sure that content is accessible. There fantaststic resources available online to help you create content or you can also reach out to accessibility services for assistance.
- If you are creating a PDF document from InDesign there are some fixes you can make in Acrobat, but it is generally much easier to ensure the document is built accessibly in InDesign.
- Besides the technical aspects of the document, there are also considerations around the design itself. Web Accessibility for Designers is a great overview of things to consider.
- Adobe InDesign Official Accessibility Documentation including:
- Adding Alternate Text to Images
- Mapping Styles and Tags
- Creating accessible PDF documents with Adobe InDesign CS6 (A good overview of the process)
- Add Structures to PDFs
- Making sure the Reading Experience is Accessible
- InDesign Accessibility from Penn State
- Creating Accessible PDFs with Adobe InDesign CC Video Tutorial (56 minutes)
- Creating a more accessible PDF in Adobe InDesign Video Tutorial (11 minutes)